AblaSure® - Add Certainty
Sufficient ablation margins are the most important aspect in reducing tumour recurrence. But how can one be certain in the assessment?
Side by side comparison of pre- and postoperative images has shown to produce poor outcomes. Evaluation of treatment success by assessment of ablation margins remains difficult and is subject to misjudgement in up to 44% of cases1. Hence, a crucial point in curative treatments of HCC is the evaluation of treatment success by utilizing specific software functionalites2,3.
AblaSure allows instantaneous, seamless and three-dimensional assessment of effective ablation margins against the previously created treatment plan.
Through integration into the existing Quality Ablation workflow AblaSure provides clinicians with accurate and immediate treatment assessment in their clinical practice4.
Quantitative Margin Assessement with AblaSure®
AblaSure® the newest feature in our Quality Ablation workflow allows you to intraoperatively perform a quantitative margin assessment, adding certainty to your treatment.
The New Quality Ablation Workflow
Ablation Margin Segmentation
- Adjust segmentation with one-touch
- Visualize in MPR- and Needle Eye View
- Compare the effective ablation volume versus treatment plan/planned margin
Ablation Margin Histogram
- Calculate the effective ablation volume compared to the segmented tumour and the selected safety margin
- Identify potential mismatches between effective albation volume compared to the selected safety margin
- Visualize the histogram in multiple millimeter increments
No video selected
Select a video type in the sidebar.
Dr. Nadeem Shaida
Consultant Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge (United Kingdom)
"The development of AblaSure as a margin assessment tool is yet another reason CT should be the preferred method over ultrasound for performing ablation interventions"
Add Certainty through Quantitative Margin Assessment
Be Sure, Be AblaSure
Volumetric Quantitative Ablation Margins for Assessment of Ablation Completeness in Thermal Ablation of Liver Tumors. Sandu R-M et. al. (2021), Frontiers in Oncology
1. Gregor Laimer et al. Can accurate evaluation of the treatment success after radiofrequency ablation of liver tumors be achieved by visual inspection alone? Results of a blinded assessment with 38 interventional oncologists. International Journal of Hyperthermia, 37:1, 1362-1367
2. Jan Schaible et al. Safety margin assessment after microwave ablation of liver tumors: inter- and intrareader variability. Radiol Oncol 2020; 54(1): 57-61.
3. Gregor Laimer et al. Minimal ablative margin (MAM) assessment with image fusion: an independent predictor for local tumor progression in hepatocellular carcinoma after stereotactic radiofrequency ablation. Eur Radiol 30, 2463–2472 (2020)
4. Raluca-Maria Sandu et al. Volumetric Quantitative Ablation Margins for Assessment of Ablation Completeness in Thermal Ablation of Liver Tumors. Front. Oncol. 11:623098. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2021.623098