CAScination AG is a fast-growing and award-winning medical technology company dedicated to the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovations in computer-assisted and image-guided surgery. Our mission is to improve medical interventions by establishing robotics and navigation technology as standard of care. Our products enable doctors to perform highly precious, reproducible and efficient treatments and give patients access to minimally invasive and effective therapies.
For our R&D team in Bern, Switzerland, we are searching for a:
Senior Software Engineer for Surgical Robotics
In this position you will be a key element to the surgical robotics team. You will act at all levels of the software development stack from the motion control to the user interface. You will be part of the software team and interact closely with hardware development, regulatory and clinical research. We are looking for candidates who are motivated to push the limit of what is possible and participate in state of the art development of robotics surgery.
- Software architecture design for functional safe control of the robotic system
- Plan and conduct software requirement-, and risk analysis
- Design and development of a novel functionally-safe software framework
- Implementation and validation of efficient safety mechanisms
- System integration and validation of the entire surgical workflow
- Support clinical research
- Continuous improvement of the software development process according to IEC 62304
- Mentorship of junior developers
- Minimum of 3 years experiences in complex and functionally safe software development
- Impeccable C++ programming skills and excellent in object oriented programming
- Strong experience with real-time operating systems such as QNX or Linux
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to convey highly technical information internally and externally (partners)
- Advanced English skills in technical writing
- Knowledge with bus systems such as EtherCAT is a plus
- Experience with motion control is a plus
If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to anticipate future trends and opportunities, then join our dynamic team, operating in a fast-paced and international environment. We offer you an interesting position with competitive compensation and benefits, and a great culture in a company advocating equal opportunities.
CAScination is an equal opportunity employer. We are looking forward to receiving your application* (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References, Diploma, etc.)
JOBS@CASCINATION.COM, Phone Stefan Aebischer +41 31 552 04 30
* Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.