CAScination AG is a fast-growing and award-winning medical technology company dedicated to the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovations in computer-assisted and image-guided surgery. Our mission is to improve medical interventions by establishing robotics and navigation technology as standard of care. Our products enable doctors to perform highly precious, reproducible and efficient treatments and give patients access to minimally invasive and effective therapies.
For our R&D team in Bern, Switzerland, we are searching for a:
Principal Scientist in Medical Imaging (m/f, 100%)
In this position, you will develop computer vision and image understanding algorithms that enable automated interpretation and information extraction from medical images. You will conduct research on real-world commercial applications and translate innovative ideas and algorithms to cutting-edge medical software and solutions.
- Lead research projects in areas of computer vision and image analytics and develop software algorithms for processing and interpretation of medical images
- Define metrics and performance workbenches for the developed algorithms
- Staying on the cutting edge of medical imaging by reading research papers and attending conferences
- Effectively communicate technical analyses and results
- Collaborate with internal teams (product development, software engineering) and external partners (clinical and academic)
- PhD or MS in computer science, mathematics or similar field, specialized in signal/image processing
- 10 years of experience in medical imaging technologies with proven track record of transferring research to industrial products
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience in developing algorithm for image segmentation, registration, tracking, feature extraction, detection, and classification
- Prior experience leading research projects or team in industrial setting
- Knowledge in scientific data visualization, 3D image processing, quantification and volume rendering for medical applications (CT, PET, MRI)
- Excellent programming skills, familiarity with Python or C++, Git, continuous integration tools and the agile development process
If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to anticipate future trends and opportunities, then join our dynamic team, operating in a fast-paced and international environment. We offer you an interesting position with competitive compensation and benefits, and a great culture in a company advocating equal opportunities.
We are looking forward to receiving your application* (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References, Diploma, etc.)
JOBS@CASCINATION.COM, Phone Stefan Aebischer +41 31 552 04 30
* Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.