CAScination AG is a fast-growing and award-winning medical technology company dedicated to the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovations in computer-assisted and image-guided surgery. Our mission is to improve medical interventions by establishing robotics and navigation technology as standard of care. Our products enable doctors to perform highly precious, reproducible and efficient treatments and give patients access to minimally invasive and effective therapies.
For our R&D team in Bern, Switzerland, we are searching for a:
Senior Research Scientist in Artificial Intelligence (m/f, 100%)
In this position you will conduct research in the field of Artificial Intelligence (Deep Learning), applied to the field of medical imaging. The candidate is expected to be a recognized expert in deep learning technologies with experience in applying it to industrialized products. A willingness to push the limits of what is possible is key to this position.
- Lead research in the field of deep learning technologies for medical imaging
- Design and set-up of a deep learning infrastructure, including selecting tools, framework and hardware
- Use state-of-the art libraries and tools to solve computational problems
- Develop training and verification pipelines with defined metrics and goals
- Effectively communicate technical analyses and results
- Collaborate with internal teams (product development, software engineering) and external partners (clinical and academic)
- PhD/MS in computer engineering or similar field, specialized in computer vision or artificial intelligence
- 10 years of experience in applied research in the industry or with an industrial partner
- Hands-on experience administrating deep learning frameworks including the understanding of computing hardware.
- Successful track record of developing and publishing algorithms in topics such as image segmentation, registration, tracking, feature extraction, detection, and or classification.
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools in an agile development environment
- Ability to communicate technical ideas with other team members, particularly software developers
If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to anticipate future trends and opportunities, then join our dynamic team, operating in a fast-paced and international environment. We offer you an interesting position with competitive compensation and benefits, and a great culture in a company advocating equal opportunities.
We are looking forward to receiving your application* (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References, Diploma, etc.).
JOBS@CASCINATION.COM, Phone Stefan Aebischer +41 31 552 04 30
* Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.